THE SITE OR WEB APPLICATION IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR INFORMATIONAL AND CONVENIENCE PURPOSES ONLY AND IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. KSU MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, CONTENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, SUITABILITY FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, OF ANY OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED OR INFORMATION PUBLISHED ON THE SITE OR WEB APPLICATION, OR ANY OF THE DESIGN, TEXT, GRAPHICS, IMAGES, PAGES, INTERFACES, LINKS, SOFTWARE, OR OTHER MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS, AND ITEMS CONTAINED IN OR DISPLAYED OR PUBLISHED ON THE SITE OR WEB APPLICATION. YOU ARE FULLY AND SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF SUCH ITEMS AND MATERIALS AND FOR ANY RESULTS OR CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR USE. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE OR WEB APPLICATION IS COMPILED FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES, INCLUDING FROM SOURCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF KSU, AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE FROM KSU. COMMERCIAL USE OF THE SITE OR WEB APPLICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. TO THE EXTENT YOU USE, APPLY, OR IMPLEMENT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE OR WEB APPLICATION IN YOUR OWN INFORMATION SYSTEM OR OTHER SETTING, OR OTHERWISE FOR YOUR OWN PURPOSES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NEITHER KSU NOR ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE OR WEB APPLICATION AND/OR INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR WEB APPLICATION OR ANY EXTERNAL SITE OR WEB APPLICATION (defined below), EVEN IF KSU HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR WEB APPLICATION OR ANY EXTERNAL SITE OR WEB APPLICATION IS TO STOP USING THE SITE OR WEB APPLICATION OR EXTERNAL SITE OR WEB APPLICATION.
B. Intellectual Property
C. Copyright Infringement Claims
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material posted on an Internet site or web application infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. KSU will process all notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate action as required by the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. If you believe in good faith that your work has been used on the Site or web application in a way that infringes your copyright, please notify KSU and provide the following information:
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site or web application are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit KSU to locate the material on the Site or web application;
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit KSU to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
• A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
D. Governing Law; Forum
We reserve the right to terminate your access to and use of the Site or web application or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. KSU shall have no liability for any such termination, following which your right to use the Site or web application shall immediately cease.
The MAY4TH AUGMENTED REALITY EXPERIENCE website and web application is a service provided by Kent State University through its College of Education, Health and Human Services. We recognize the importance of privacy to site and web application visitors and account holders.
We do not collect personally identifiable information about you on MAY4TH AUGMENTED REALITY EXPERIENCE without your knowledge or action.
MAY4TH AUGMENTED REALITY EXPERIENCE visitors and account holders should be aware of the following information:
What We Collect:
• Generic, Internet-user information. Such information may include:
o Internet protocol address of the individual computer (or proxy server) making the request,
o Type of internet browser or computer operating system you are using,
o Date and time you accessed this site or web application,
o Locations within the augmented reality path you may have traveled, collected anonymously for the purposes of providing the research staff with information to improve site and web app experience and usability,
o Web pages visited or web application on this site or web application, and
o Internet address of the site or web application from which you may have linked to this site or web application.
How We Collect Information:
• Our web site or web application uses web cookies to capture generic, Internet-user information each time a request is made to view a page within this web site or web application.
What We Do With the Information We Collect:
• All generic Internet-user information collected through server is used in aggregate form to analyze usage trends and statistics to help us improve our web site and web application.
• All anonymous or aggregated data is used to study the impact of augmented reality in cultural heritage and history.
Cookies may be used when necessary to process data submitted to us online, or to facilitate ongoing Internet interaction.
You do not need to have cookies turned on in your browser to use the site and web application; however, without cookies certain of the automated functions and features of the site and web application will not be available to you.
Ohio public records law requires state agencies to disclose most documents and records, including electronic records. Therefore, information submitted through this web site or web application may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a public records request. Please be aware that for public records, Ohio law requires us to disclose the records despite requests to keep information confidential.
Access and Dispute of Information:
Under sections 1347.08 and 1347.09 of the Ohio Revised Code, individuals have access rights to their information maintained in personal information systems. "Access rights" means you have the right, with limits, to inspect, correct, and dispute such information.